Describe a person in your family that you admire new ielts speaking cue card from makkar ielts pdf free.
- Who he or she is
- What he or she does for a living
- What he or she is like
- And explain why you admire him or her
- In our culture, we tend to admire and respect people for their age.
- But today, I want to talk about someone whom I admire not because he is old, but because of his attitude towards life and his actions
- The person is my uncle.
- His name is Dilmohan Singh.
- He is my mother’s brother.
- He has held many jobs in his life.
- In fact, he started working part-time at the young age of fifteen.
- He used to work as a door to door salesman selling magazines at that age for pocket money.
Mid lines- Describe a person in your family that you admire
- In his adult life, he worked as a bank manager.
- Currently, after retiring as a bank manager, he is working as a real estate agent.
- There are many reasons I admire him.
- The first is his selfless nature.
- Throughout his life, he has put other’s needs before his.
- He has many times postponed his business meetings just for family.
- We all say that family should be more important than money.
- But he is one of the few people, who actually prioritizes family over wealth.
End lines (Describe a person in your family that you admire)
- Another reason why I admire him is that he stands firm in his beliefs.
- If he believes in something, he will support it, not matter the cost.
- I can see this in how he behaves at home.
- He doesn’t mince his words. He calls a spade a spade.
- For example, if he thinks that people have done wrong, he will say it straight to their face when his opinion is asked.
- He will not try to be polite or lie, just to avoid awkwardness.
- Of course, he is not perfect.
- He has his flaws too.
- For one, he is not very punctual.
- In fact, he is always late.
- But, despite his flaws, I still admire him a lot.
Follow up (A person in your family that you admire cue card)
- Who is important in your family: the father or the mother?
In my family both are equally important. There is a very harmonious relation between my mother and father. Both have different roles and both that equally important. My mother has more role in running the family where is my father has more role in earning for the family.
- How should parents look after their children?
Parents should look after the children very nicely. Parenting is a very crucial job and it is a full-time job, especially nowadays, in my opinion. Today, children have a lot of exposure of the global culture, and they enjoy a lot of freedom. So, parents have to be very alert about the whereabouts of their children and treat them in a friendly way, and yet be firm at times.
- How should working parents look after their children?
Working parents should look after the children very nicely. Whatever time they get, they should devote to their children. They should know where to draw the line between work and family, otherwise it is very easy for children to go astray and it is very easy for parents to lose hold on the children. Work is important but working parents should realise that their children’s childhood is equally important.
- Do children get sufficient love and affection from their parents these days?
Yes, children get sufficient love and affection from the parents, but this love and affection is substituted by money and not time. Parents think that giving enough money to the children is showing their love for them, they forget that what children need more is the time.
Describe a person in your family that you admire cue card